Providing a drug free workplace takes commitment.
Drug Testing is only expensive when you don’t do it.
To be successful you must have a drug policy that includes pre-employment, post accident, reasonable suspicion and random testing. Study data show random testing is the component that makes your drug program work.
Drug testing today is affordable, reliable, and convenient and results are available in minutes.
API Global offers walk-in services 8:00 am -5:00 pm M-F, both collection and screening. API Global also provides training and supplies for companies that prefer to do their own drug screening.
Are Your Employees…
- In front of your customers?
- Making critical decisions?
- Using machinery or equipment?
- Driving company vehicles?
- Increasing liability to your company?
What your employees do on their own time is their business, until it affects your business. Start testing your employees. API Global can help you. Studies have shown that employers who maintain drug free environments ensure the recruitment of high quality employees, maximize productivity and reduce the incidence of work related injuries.
We Can Help! We Offer:
- Random selection and testing
- Reasonable Suspicion
- Breath Alcohol Testing
- Urine Alcohol Testing
- Hair and Fingernail Testing
- Background Checks
- Mobile Service
- Court Ordered Testing
- Probation and Personal Testing
Reasons for Testing:
- Over 75% of current illicit users are employed.
- One in every 10 Persons in the US is a current illicit user.
- One in every 10 Persons in the US has a serious alcohol problem.
- Substance abuse is threatening the workforce and the workplace. Businesses have true reasons for concerns. Don’t just look the other way when you can do something about it and make your work place safer for all parties.
- Why should I have a drug testing program for my company?
- Because substance abusers cost you MONEY!
Substance Abusers Cause:
- Increased Workers Compensation claims – (Abusers are 5 times more likely to file a claim.) Which costs you money!
- Higher Accident Rates – (Also 5 times more likely to be injured in an accident off the job which also affects attendance and performance on the job.) Which costs you money!
- Greater Increased Absenteeism – (3-4 times more likely to miss work.) Which costs you money!
- Excessive Tardiness – (Returning from Lunch or Monday morning.) Which costs you money!
- Poor or Lack of Quality Work – (35% less productive and are more likely to have difficulty concentrating therefore, decreased productivity and increased waste.) Which costs you money!
- Greater Theft – (Note: 1 ounce of Marijuana costs approximately $360.00. However your risk is endless with increased insurance and medical claims, etc.) Which costs you money!
Why do Employment Background Checks?
- More than one million people are wanted for felony crimes in the U.S.
- Seven out of every 100 applicants have a felony record
- 30% of applicants lie about their educational background
- Companies are being fined up to $10,000 for hiring illegal aliens
- One out of three applicants includes fraudulent information on resumes
- Employees filing of fraudulent worker’s compensation claims cost American businesses more than $5 billion annually
- 30% of all business failures are due to employee theft
All employment background screening services are conducted in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Reform Act and the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission (EEOC).
How to Start a Workplace Drug Testing Program
Implement a Drug and Alcohol Testing Program
Review the sample material furnished to you by API Global. Consult your legal and Human Resource (HR) experts. Make a management commitment to have a drug-free workplace. Create a new account with API Global.
Let API Global help you in developing your policy/procedures using either our samples or create your own. We will work with your existing policy, reviewing for content.
Notify your employees that a policy is in development. (If applicable, collectively bargain with your union representatives or employee association regarding your drug prevention policy and drug testing. Request their cooperation and support. Drug testing is a mandatory subject of collective bargaining if you have a union contract.)
Call us to initiate Drug Testing Services.
API Global Drug Testing Services
- You will receive a letter from API Global within a few days to schedule a drug/alcohol testing collection time at our office or your place of business.
- If you choose, or are required to do random testing, API Global will set up a random selection service at this time. API Global will supply Drug Testing Custody and Control Forms (requisition forms) with your company name and account number pre-printed.
- Please visit our office (collection site) to be familiar with procedures, operating hours, location, etc.
- You are billed by API Global only for drug/alcohol tests performed, annual administration fees, and training and certificate fees.
- Initiate a schedule for Supervisors’ Training sessions and Employee Orientation sessions that are available through our website on either web-based or webinar training. Certificates are issued on completion. On-site supervisors training may be scheduled for an additional fee, call API Global for details.
Finalize your written policy.
Some of your employees may be subject to the Department of Transportation mandated drug and alcohol testing regulations, e.g. commercial drivers. Please contact API Global for a special attachment to the company policy and/or additional assistance. If you have multiple-state locations contact API Global for a review of the various state laws in these locations. There should be no problems in the majority of the states, but we may have to modify your policy in a few states for you to be in compliance. Because substance abuse prevention and drug/alcohol testing programs involve the risk of legal liability when conducted improperly or in violation of laws, employers are advised to consult with legal counsel as necessary and appropriate.
Notify your employees of the implementation of your Drug-Free Workplace Program. Deliver notification letter (with policy and procedure attached) to each employee. We will furnish templates.
Obtain signed receipt (attached to last page of policy/procedures; see example) for policy/procedures from each employee and applicant. Retain these receipts in personnel files.
Publicize your program through newsletters, posters, paycheck inserts, etc. Post “We are a Drug-Free Workplace … drug testing is a condition of employment.” signs.
Start pre-employment drug testing of applicants, after offer of employment is made.
Test current employees per policy. If your current employees were previously not subject to drug testing, allow 30-60 days after notification before testing any current employees.
API Global remains available for your entire program needs. Use us as a resource and consultant throughout your implementation process and after your program is in place.