Breath Alcohol Technician (BAT) Certification
API Global offers:
Comprehensive and Cost Effective Training
API Global offers BAT training on Alcovisor™ Jupiter, Mercury and Mark V units. The BAT training course content is equivalent to the training requirements contained in the DOT Model Course. DOT requirements for BAT certification require successful completion of BOTH procedural and instrument training.
Breath Alcohol Technician Certification in 3 Easy Steps:
Instrument Proficiency Training
Step 1: Class /or Online – Procedural Training
- Day 1 of 3 day class Completes BAT procedural certification. Online allows you to study when it is convenient for you!
- When done online BAT certification training, you will be emailed a password along with a link to the training website.
NOTE: DOT requires the entire training process be completed within 30 days of the start date. Therefore, do not use your password and log into the training program until you are able to complete Steps 1-3 within a 30 day time frame.
- As a courtesy, a binder containing the course materials with corresponding self-check unit quizzes will be sent directly to you: allowing you to easily refer back to information as needed.
- When you feel that you have mastered the course materials and allowed for sufficient review, the Procedural Training Final Exam can then be taken. The Final Exam must be passed to complete the procedural training portion.
Step 2: Class / or Online – Instrument Proficiency Training
- Day 2: Upon successful completion of the procedures portion of the qualification training, you must be trained to proficiency in the operation of the particular Evidentiary Breath Testing device (s) (EBT) you will be using.
- Instrument Proficiency Lessons for your specific device can be accessed through the link emailed to you, using the provided password. When you are comfortable with your ability to operate the instrument, the Instrument Proficiency Training Exam can then be taken.
- After successfully completing the Instrument Proficiency Training Exam, you will be given instructions for setting up your mock tests.
Step 3: Class / or Webinar (live trainer) – Mock Tests
- Day 3: As per DOT regulations, you will be required to perform seven (7) consecutive error free mock alcohol tests in order to demonstrate your understanding of BAT procedures and instrument proficiency.
- Mock tests are conducted by API Global in classroom or via an Online Webinar with a live trainer.
Alcohol Screening Test Technician (STT) Training is available for Alcovisor Satellite and MARS screening devices.